On September 25, 2000, the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the Inspector General (“OIG”) issued its final guidelines (the "OIG Guidance") to aid individual and small group physician practices in designing a voluntary compliance program. OIG expects that such a program will promote adherence to statutes and regulations applicable to Federal health care programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, and will help physicians prevent and reduce improper conduct, including the fraudulent or erroneous submission of claims to Federal health care programs.
Our services include:
- Assist physician group practices in the development of a compliance program
- Coding and billing reviews
- Proper documentation reviews
- Benchmark analysis of evaluation and management coding patterns
- Physician orientation/education on coding and documentation requirements
- Best practice recommendations to enhance coding opportunities